Saturday, May 16, 2015

I'll Believe It When I See It

According to a report filed by Lyanne Melendez for ABC7 News, the city is finally going to face up to the traffic congestion problem. During rush hours violations such as double parking, delivery trucks, cars blocking intersections, and construction projects will be tickets and subjected to three-digit fines. Do I believe it? I am more inclined to believe commuter Pearline Hawkins, who told Melendez that they do not have enough people to do the necessary ticketing. The city claims we should give their new plan some time. Time for what? Do they have the budget to hire enough officers to give out tickets for all the violations that take place on a single day?

1 comment:

DigitalDan said...

Would be much less of a problem were the through traffic problems addressed. It's amazing that there is no sensible way to get through the city on the way to somewhere else. OK, really only on the way to and from Marin, but the jam-ups there probably back up into the East Bay routes as well. I favor tunnels, despite the lessons of the Big Dig. Not gonna happen any time soon, I guess.